OCSP must staple in practice
Interoperability testing of open source TLS implementations
Reusable test coverage for TLS implementations
RSA-PSS test coverage
Tool for detecting enabled features and bugs in SSL and TLS servers
Research of Fedora Status for Machine Learning
Integrate GnuTLS DTLS into oss-fuzz
Vehicle Routing Solver based on OptaPlanner
Jenkins queue overrunning
Jenkins has a queuing mechanism to checkout jobs and a mechanism for cancelling builds in queue. Sometimes there is a need to move a job in a queue up or down. Jenkins already has many mechanisms for prioritizing jobs, but not individual builds. Also, all currently existing solutions, however very flexible and sophisticated, are more heavy-weight than necessary. The student should research and hack how Jenkins queue is working, and enable two simple arrows UP+DOWN (for moving in queue) to currently existing X (remove from queue). The result should be a working Jenkins plugin, ensuring that short jobs can overtake frozen queue during the shutdown time of long running tasks, and deployed on https://plugins.jenkins.io/.
Comparison between FIPS module implementations
TLS 1.3 features in GnuTLS
Impact of virtualization on benchmark accuracy
Jenkins shutdown queue plugin
Existing Attacks on SSL/TLS Protocol
- Study design and implementations of SSL/TLS protocol and existing attacks on its design and implementation , testing approaches and tlsfuzzer project . Get familiar with existing attacks against SSL/TLS.
- Identify existing attacks that are suitable for reproduction in tlsfuzzer framework. Design a test suite for them.
- Implement the tests and necessary improvements to tlsfuzzer and tlslite-ng .
- Run the tests against existing SSL/TLS implementations and evaluate the results.
Continuous Integration System for TLS/SSL Libraries Interoperability
- Study design and implementations of SSL/TLS protocol (focus on OpenSSL, NSS and GNUTLS) and current state of the art of its interoperability and integration testing. Get familiar with existing tools and solutions for implementing public projects with continuous integration features.
- Design a system for publicly sharing integration and interoperability SSL/TLS tests that is able to execute the test suite and expose testing results to public before incorporating particular commit and pull request in both the test suite and upstream implementation of SSL/TLS library. This system should support tests written in BeakerLib . Design a test suite for testing interoperability and integration of SSL/TLS libraries, get familiar with existing Red Hat tests and identify coverage gaps.
- Implement the system. Import existing test suite. Implement new tests for areas that are not covered.
- Evaluate the quality of the system. Demonstrate the robustness of the test suite by introducing artificial errors inspired by real issues from the past. Report found defects in upstream issue tracking systems.
Dynamic Extensible DSL Documentation Tool in the Ruby Programming Language Context.
Web-based customers cases aggregation and reporting tool
- Users subscribe themselves to receive reports on specific email addresses based on product name, product version, time interval, delay and keywords
- Users can register into the application
- Users can request report on-demand
- Users can manage only their subscriptions through Web UI
- Admins are able to manage all subscriptions through Web UI
- The application has to be deployed into OpenShift cloud platform
- Study the Red Hat customer cases format and identify the most relevant fields
- Get familiar with OpenShift cloud platform and its application runtimes
- Analyze and gather requirements for the application
- Design the web-based application according to the requirements
- Implement the designed application on the chosen application runtime
- Test and deploy the application on OpenShift cloud platform
- Evaluate the application and discuss possible future extensions
LSP clients generator
Decompilation of restored in-memory class fragments in running JVM
ManageIQ Expression Editor
Mobile applications for EvMan
Configurable GUI for the GNU Debugger