- Study the central identity management and its role in enterprise IT deployments.
- Study open-source identity and authentication provider FreeIPA and its client-side counterpart SSSD.
- Study web application authentication setup described at http://www.freeipa.org/page/Web_App_Authentication which uses Apache httpd modules mod_auth_kerb, mod_authnz_pam, mod_intercept_form_submit, and mod_lookup_identity.
- Study the existing authentication options of web project X [to be replaced by the project agreed with the advisor].
- Implement support for consuming Apache module authentication results by project X.
- Prepare patch and documentation.
- Work with upstream of project X to get the code changes to the upstream project.
- Document the changes and the result.