- Study the central identity management and its role in enterprise IT deployments.
- Study open-source identity and authentication provider FreeIPA.
- Study web application authentication setup described at http://www.freeipa.org/page/Web_App_Authentication which uses Apache httpd modules mod_intercept_form_submit and mod_lookup_identity.
- Study HTTP server nginx and its internals and module system.
- Implement modules to achieve the same authentication setup on nginx like the one described above.
- Work with nginx upstream to get the code changes to the upstream project.
- Document the changes and the result.