Get fimiliar with ARM-based boards (“ABB”) RaspberryPi, Cubieboard and BeagleBoneBlack.
Design (schema and PCB) and build a universal test board (“TB”) that will:
- support GPIO (digital input, digital output, analog input, analog output), UART, I2C, SPI,
- have a single set of pins/connectors independent on the ABB,
- be connected to each ABB by an adapter (or a cable) with connector fitting ABB’s GPIO pin set on one side and with the connector fitting the TB’s pin set on the other side,
- be powered directly from the ABB,
- have short circuit / reverse polarity protection to avoid damaging the ABB.
The test suite of Silverspoon’s Bulldog library will use the TB in order to ensure the library works in real worlds’ applications.
The whole project will be an open-source hardware.