Research VRP problems and do benchmarking on public data-sets for quick comparison between chosen open source engines.
- Describe vehicle routing problems and become acquainted with open source engines solving vehicle routing problems. Learn and describe possible solutions and algorithms regarding vehicle routing.
- Design a sample application solving international transport routing based on the open-source constraint solver OptaPlanner. Take into consideration problems such as vehicle capacity, delivery time windows, different transport vehicles.
- After agreement with the supervisor, implement the application in Java including several test-cases.
- Evaluate the application on data-sets of the open-data platform VRP-REP for sharing vehicle routing problem benchmark instances and solutions. Compare achieved efficiency and capabilities to other engines.
- Provide the documentation of the project, evaluate the results and discuss future work.