Do you want to make a difference in the technology that is at the core of some of the most innovative and influential businesses in the world?
Red Hat, as the world’s leading provider of open source technology, is in a perfect position to give you that opportunity. We create great technology that delivers long term freedom, flexibility, choice, and superior performance on day one. Our code is just better.
Red Hat’s Quality Engineering team needs a highly skilled engineer for the CNV product.
We are looking for an engineer with development capabilities, Linux/Unix skills and experience with large and complex systems. In this role, you will serve as an individual contributor of the team, while working closely with the development team in agile methodology.
Collaboration is key at Red Hat and you will have the opportunity to influence the future of our technology along with many other developers in the open source community. Our pool of engineers is always growing and you will have opportunities to lead, learn, and grow as a professional and as a person.
Join Red Hat and make a difference.
Primary job responsibilities:
– Analyze and prioritize the quality risks posed by the offering in development and determine the tests required to mitigate these risks
– Write automated tests and carry out manual tests
– Develop tests using automation infrastructure and available scripting languages
– Clearly document new bugs and advocate their resolution with developers and communicate their impact on customers and their businesses
– Participate in the design session of the product side by side with the developer and product manager to scope and prioritize new features
– Deliver clear status for testing areas in a timely manner
– Constantly learn new things and maintain an overview of current technologies
– Active programming skills using Python or GoLang
– Experience with Linux or UNIX systems
– Familiarity with containers and container orchestration tools, such as OpenShift and Kubernetes is an advantage
– Familiarity with virtualization, storage and networking is an advantage
– Exposure to open source software development methodologies is an advantage
– Familiarity with Agile methodologies is an advantage
– Intermediate English skills, both written and verbal
– Student in computer science, computer engineering or information technologies (or equivalent in work experience)