Symphonia.io is an open source project, based on Audiveris, trying to provide users with an Optical Music Recognition (OMR) as a Service. For this purpose a mobile client for scanning music scores is vital.
The main goal of this thesis is to design and develop a hybrid mobile application for the OMR service, so that users are able to take a photo of their musical score and have them processed in Symphonia.io. Student will get familiar with developing hybrid mobile applications and basics of Optical Music Recognition, as well as Symphonia.io project.
Mobile Application Requirements
- Mobile application needs to be built in one of the hybrid mobile frameworks (Phonegap, Ionic, … ) and support the latest Android and iOS devices.
- Final application will be calling REST API of Symphonia.io which will be doing the OMR procesing.
- Project must be licensed under one of the open source licences and it’s source code deployed to GitHub. Progress of the respective work needs to be reported in corresponding issue.
- BANGA, Cameron a Josh WEINHOLD. Essential mobile interaction design: perfecting interface design in mobile apps. xviii, 275 pages. ISBN 0321961579.
- WARGO, John M. Apache Cordova 4 programming. xix, 532 pages. ISBN 0134048199.