Building the next generation of programmable networking – powered by Linux
The project seeks to explore areas related to programmable networking, with a particular focus on the eXpress Data Path (XDP) technology in the Linux kernel.
Areas explored include:
- Defining a coherent architecture for using Linux as a programmable network platform.
- Expanding the scope of programmability in XDP
- Using XDP as a platform for implementing Virtual Network Functions (VNFs).
- Defining an infrastructure for container-based NFVs on Linux
- Specifying an architecture for programmable protocol processing